The international community at MIT comprises 8.26% of the student body. (For specific statistics refer to the International Students Office).
The International Student's Association at MIT works for and with MIT's international students, striving to promote cultural diversity on campus. We are currently registered under the Graduate Student Council (GSC) but our activities are intended for the undergraduate community as well.
Although most of our members are international students, the ISA welcomes and encourages domestic students to join.
The ISA's main activities are aimed at expressing the large cultural diversity that exists at MIT.
- Fun-filled trips around the Boston and New-England area for multicultural bonding
- Delicious study breaks with those international snacks that remind you of home
- An international showcase known as the iFair
- An evening on the Charles in the magnificent iCruise
- Many other things so visit frequently our news and events spaces for more information
Do you want to participate in the ISA? There are many things you can do!
- Contribute with ideas and propose activities, we'll try to sponsor them and you can help us organise them!
- Volunteer to help us during events! It's a great way to meet other international students
- Give us your feedback about past events, our webpage, etc!
Join the committee!
- You can become an Executive Committee Member.
- Elections for all positions in the board are held at the end of each academic year.
Join our mailing list to receive more information.